Consumer Guide to Dentistry
Welcome to Consumer Guide to Dentistry! This comprehensive educational resource was created to help you better understand and navigate the many treatments and procedures available in dentistry to manage oral health, and restore and enhance your smile.
Consumer Guide to Dentistry includes up-to-date, dentist-reviewed information about treatment candidacy, cost and recovery, helping to provide visitors with appropriate expectations, and a greater understanding of what's involved in each dentistry procedure.
Dental health information is supplemented by an expansive dentist directory designed to help educated dental consumers find a local dentist.
The cost of dental veneers depends on many factors. Discover what they are and see if the price is right for you.
Implants might be stronger and more durable than alternative restorations. But are you an implant candidate?
Is your toothache indicative of a more serious problem? Evaluate toothache types and their respective impact on health.
They might be small, they might be temporary, but canker sores are definitely a nuisance. Here are seven home remedies that might help with your canker sores.
Dentists are often the first line of defense when it comes to screening for and diagnosing oral cancers. Here are six important things to know about oral cancer.
Did you know that 1 in 8 adults suffer with overly sensitive teeth? Learn what the major causes of tooth sensitivty are and how to treat it.
When it comes to replacing missing teeth, you've got some options. The question is which option is right for you?
Whitening and veneers are two popular smile makeover treatment options. Weigh their pros and cons with your needs.
Compare professional teeth bleaching with do-it-yourself at home alternatives.
What to know about dental crowns ("caps"). Candidacy, cost, procedure and recovery details.
- How can you benefit from dental insurance?
- Are you at risk of developing gum disease?
- DIY at home teeth whitening solutions abound. Evaluate your options.
- Looking for a dentist? Check out our how to choose a dentist tips.
- Protect your teeth by avoiding these 7 tooth-attacking dietary red flags
- How do dental sealants help protect you against tooth decay.
- Are you sick of your smile? Consider a smile makeover.
- Did you know that saliva is integral in protecting oral health? Learn more about the "magic" of saliva.
- Green dentistry practices are helping reshape the industry.
- Dental plaque is the root cause for many oral health problems.
Sleep apnea is a common breathing disorder. This is a serious problem that can, in extreme cases, be fatal. Here are 6 sleep apnea facts.
In the world of dental health, the best form of treatment is prevention. Here are nine strategies to help jumpstart your preventive dentistry lifestyle.
TMJ disorder is a relatively common dental condition that can cause extreme pain. Here are 5 potential causes of TMD you might find surprising.