Consumer Guide to Dentistry
Welcome to Consumer Guide to Dentistry! This comprehensive educational resource was created to help you better understand and navigate the many treatments and procedures available in dentistry to manage oral health, and restore and enhance your smile.
Consumer Guide to Dentistry includes up-to-date, dentist-reviewed information about treatment candidacy, cost and recovery, helping to provide visitors with appropriate expectations, and a greater understanding of what's involved in each dentistry procedure.
Dental health information is supplemented by an expansive dentist directory designed to help educated dental consumers find a local dentist.
The cost of dental veneers depends on many factors. Discover what they are and see if the price is right for you.
Implants might be stronger and more durable than alternative restorations. But are you an implant candidate?
Is your toothache indicative of a more serious problem? Evaluate toothache types and their respective impact on health.
TMJ disorder is a relatively common dental condition that can cause extreme pain. Here are 5 potential causes of TMD you might find surprising
What is your smoking habit doing to your teeth and smile? Here are seven dental concerns smokers should be aware of.
Check out these seven top tips for avoiding tooth discoloration and maintaining healthy, white teeth courtesy of Consumer Guide to Dentistry.
Compare professional teeth bleaching with do-it-yourself at home alternatives.
There are a variety of restorative options to consider. We evaluate dental bonding versus dental crowns.
In this feature, we look at traditional wire and bracket dental braces vs Invisalign clear aligners.
Learn about when extraction is necessary, and what to expect with the surgery and aftercare.
- What is a tooth abscess and can it be life threatening?
- How much do veneers cost and are they the right fit for your smile?
- Professional teeth whitening solutions abound. Evaluate your in-office bleaching options.
- Dental bridge candidacy and your guide to the consultation process.
- The latest in dental filling trends, including materials, treatment planning and cost information.
- How to know if your toothache is the sign of a serious problem.
- Is your chronic jaw pain a symptom of temporomandibular joint disorder?
- Do you have a particularly "gummy" smile? Consider gingival sculpting.
- How much do dental implants cost and how does it compare with the alternatives?
- Could the burning sensations on your tongue actually be burning tongue syndrome?
Nearly 50 percent of adult Americans have gum disease, putting them at risk of serious health conditions. Here are six conditions tied to gum disease.
Cosmetic dentistry is more popular than ever. If you're looking for ways to improve your smile, check out these popular cosmetic treatment options.
Diet and dental health go hand in hand. Here are seven dietary red flags that contribute to poor oral health.